Electrical estimating methods. When estimating feeder conduit and wire for electrical projects, it is very important to be accurate.
Feeder conduit and wire is extremely expensive therefore, mistakes like coming up short with measurements can be very expensive.
For estimating, feeder conduit is conduit sizes 1¼” and larger.
Feeder wire sizes are #4 and larger.
When estimating, it does not matter if feeders are service entrance conduit, panels, large AC units or machines, the estimating process is the same.
The fastest way to estimate conduit is with Red Rhino conduit wizard.
After measuring conduit runs, a process called take-off, you input conduit into the conduit wizard.
Watch video below to see how to take-off conduit including feeders.
Video highlights time saving method of feeder take-off:
- How to use a Scalex to quickly measure conduit on blueprints.
- How to keep organized by using Red Rhino Feeder Schedule forms.
Methods to measure conduit & wire so you don’t come up short:
- Take-off conduit at right angles so you do not come up short.
- How to “over-roll” to allow for conduit risers (conduit going up or down).
- Add for wire make-up length.
After measuring conduit feeders, you input feeders to Red Rhino using Conduit Wizard in 20 seconds or less!
EMT conduit feeders
Click video below to see quick video how to estimate EMT conduit feeders using Red Rhino Conduit Wizard
Multiple PVC conduit feeders
Click video below how to estimate PVC conduit feeders using Red Rhino Conduit Wizard
Red Rhino Conduit Wizard includes most types of conduit including:
- PVC – SCHEDULE 40 & 80
- PVC – EB (ENCASED BURIAL) Thin wall PVC
- PVC – DB (DIRECT BURIAL) Thin wall PVC
- RIGID METAL CONDUIT (GRC)
- PVC COATED RIGID (ROB ROY)
- MC CABLE & HOSPITAL GRADE MC CABLE
- STEEL FLEX / ALUMINUM FLEX
- IMC (Intermediate Conduit)
- Type C (Telephone Conduit)
Remember to include miscellaneous items like locknuts, bushings, Myers Hubs and other fittings needed for feeder conduit.
Red Rhino product catalog has conduit fittings listed below.
- Plastic bushings
- Ground bushings
- Myers Hubs
- Erickson Fittings
- Reducing washers
- Reducing bushings
- Plastic terminal adapters
Condit Wizard is just one of several tools Red Rhino includes to speed up estimating so you can bid jobs faster and more accurately.
Red Rhino is online so you can log on from any computer with an internet connection. The Cost of Red Rhino is $99.00/ Month with an affordable setup fee.
Red Rhino Electrical Estimating Software offers a 30 day free trial.
You will immediately get access to our online software.
Training videos will guide you step by step to learn how to navigate.
Call us if you have questions.
888-492-5565 x 1