Things to bring with you on a job walk
Below is a checklist of items to take with you on a job walk:
- Safety equipment like hard hat, safety glasses, safety face mask, bright orange or yellow safety vest, long sleeved shirt or Kevlar suit to look inside electrical panels.
- Copy of blueprints
- Pen and highlighter
- Note pad
- Screw driver and small tool kit to open electrical panels
- Measuring wheel or laser measuring device
- Camera or cell phone camera
- Tape measure
- Flash light
To sum it up
- Always do job-walks when you can.
- Review the plans before you show up.
- Take lots of pictures.
- Take lots of notes – make notes on plans.
- Ask questions. The only really dumb question is the one not asked!
Red Rhino Electrical Estimating Software offers a 30 day free trial.
Just click the link below to sign up. You will immediately get access to our online software. Training videos will guide you step by step to learn how to navigate.
Call us if you have questions.
866-444-7411 X 1